Washable Reusable Droplet Masks
- Dry and easy breathability
- Fogg-free glasses
- Ultra-soft and comfortable
- Significant cost-saving (will last you more than 6 months)
- Filtration rate 89%
- European Certified (CE)
- Made in South Africa
Does your current mask irritate you?
Here are a few complaints we hear daily:
- I cannot breathe through my thick mask.
- When I open my mouth, the mask pulls down and exposes my nose.
- The elastic straps hurt my ears and break constantly.
- I thought I am going to save money by buying a cheaper mask.
- My glasses fog up.
- All the unfiltered air leaks past the mask and does not filter through the mask.
- The mask has gaps between my skin and the mask and I feel unprotected.
- I never received my mask through the post.
- I waited for for 2 weeks to receive my mask.
- The seam on the inside of the mask hurts me.
- The mask becomes wet and then I cannot breathe.
- I cannot jog with the mask. I feel as if I am going to suffocate.
- My mask provider could not provide me with a certificate that they comply with the standards.
- I cannot bear the costs of disposable masks any more.
- I need to buy proper masks for my workforce. These masks are not working.
- I bought the wrong size for my child.
- My eyes get dry throughout the day and burn.
- The thick cotton mask muffles my voice. People cannot hear me.
- I cannot pull this ear strap mask down around my neck and am worried about possible surface contamination.
The eMoyo CE certified mask is NONE OF THE ABOVE.
It was carefully designed for you.
We are constantly improving the eMoyo mask. As of the end of April 2020, the first masks with the new nose plate will be available. These masks will ship with a 0.7mm laser cut aluminium plate. This plate will form a close, no leak, fit over your nose, ensuring that air does not leak out of the top of the mask. The plate is lightweight and keeps its form well, even when the mask is pulled tight over the nose. This plate is designed for easy insertion and removal from the eMoyo mask.
- Prevent unfiltered air from leaking out.
- Decrease the fogging up of your glasses.
- Decrease the risk of developing dry burning eyes.
- The previous bicupid nose valve innovation will remain. These valves will double up to help reduce perinasal air leaks.
BE SAFE SA masks
SA flag design to lighten the mood and put a positive and patriotic spin on tough times, because that’s the South African way.
We usually have thousands of BE SAFE SA eMoyo masks in stock for collection or to courier to you at our flat fee of R150. It doesn’t matter how many you buy or whether you live in Gauteng or in Kwandebele. This flat distribution fee distributes the costs for all in South Africans equally. “We are all in this together”.
eMoyo “BE SAFE SA” mask – R84.90 each
Included in the zip bag:
eMoyo BE SAFE SA Mask
Two polyester-cotton filters
Instructions for use
Lots of love
eMoyo “Black” mask – R84.90 each
Included in the zip bag:
eMoyo BE SAFE SA Mask
Two polyester-cotton filters
Instructions for use
Lots of love
Why did we choose the South African Flag as one of the standard eMoyo masks?
Only as one nation can we fight this silent enemy, does not matter what the future holds. If we stand together as one nation, as one family, as one country we will conquer this challenge – PROUD SOUTH AFRICAN, today, tomorrow and always.
Custom branded masks
Associate your brand with a quality mask that shows that you care about your customers and your workforce, ensuring the prevention of droplet transmission. Use this template or email us your logo or other design that you would like on your eMoyo masks.
High-quality sublimation printing that never fades.
R99.00 for volumes of 50+
This price includes all artwork and sample printing costs. It also covers the costs of the additional ink and labour required to print the design for manufacturing. Please supply us with vector graphics and your Pantone colours. A large jpeg will also do, however, colour matching cannot then be guaranteed.
One size fits all
The sides of the mask adjust to adapt to your face for a comfortable fit.
You will only need one mask per child
The eMoyo mask dries quickly as it is made from Quadrotex®. Each child should only need one mask, provided the mask is washed in the evening as per the instructions. The mask should be washed for 3 minutes with soap and hot running water, then put into a towel and wring out as much water as possible. The mask will be dry by the next morning due to the hydrophobic properties of Quadrotex®.
Custom brand you mask
Add your school name, emblem or even a cool image in your school colours to your eMoyo mask. You could even have different designs or colours for each grade.
Add the name of the scholar
Make it easy to identify the child hiding behind the mask. We can either video flex or sublimate the scholar’s name onto the mask. The video flex is melted onto the fabric under a strict temperature and time quality-controlled process, that lasts for months even if washed every night. Alternatively, we sublimate each name onto the mask on a white space provided on the custom-designed mask. Sublimation will not come off or fade over time.
“Very comfortable and feels safer than a surgical mask. I will use this mask every day because I work at school which is high risk.” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
Masks for your workforce
- Protect your workforce from each other
- Brand your mask with your company logo
- Colour brand the masks for certain days of the week to ensure a mask is washed
Brand the masks that employees wear home differently to the masks they wear at work. When employees finish their shift, they hand in their masks for overnight washing and retrieve their go-home mask. Because the masks are easily adjustable to any size, employees can use any previously washed mask for the day’s work. Their go-home masks can then be washed and be ready for the end of shift.
Put the name or job description of the employee on the mask. Brand the mask for the zone your employees are working in. Use the mask graphic design to help identify your employees better.
Bicuspid, peri-lateral nose valves on the inside to seal the holes on both sides of your nose when exhaling so as to decrease the risk of your glasses fogging on.
Filter pouch for additional filtration if your aim is to protect yourself also, not only those around you. Insert a ¼ sized A4 paper (A6) into the pouch.
Extra large size to cover your face so as to decrease the risk of you touching your face: Height: 150mm Width: 190mm
Three ply droplet mask for triple efficacy in virus and bacterial droplet blocking.
2-way horizontal stretch Quadrotex ® microfibre polyester, knitted in South Africa for a secure and comfortable fit.
Moisture Management Control that allows more air through when moisture builds up for breathability.
Beautiful sublimation printing that never fades with the option to custom print your own images/logo
Soft straps can easily be tied and untied, either around your head/neck or around your ears for a comfortable adjustable fit.
Stretch straps so it is easy to pull the mask down around your neck or remove over your head without the need to untie.
Adjustable side to adapt to your face for a comfortable fit. Just slide to adjust.
Why a cloth droplet mask?
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) can be transmitted onto surfaces through droplets and micro-droplets when a person coughs, sneezes or talks when not wearing a mask. These contaminated surfaces (fomites) pose a risk to non-infected people.
Droplet masks can capture droplets, thereby mitigating the main transmission route of COVID-19. Since you can transmit the virus before you show symptoms, it is advisable to wear a mask at all times. Droplet masks are effective in preventing the spread of VIRUS CONTAINING DROPLETS which is crucial to curb the Covid-19 pandemic.
Fabric masks are not as efficient as FFP1/2/3 & N95 masks in preventing the user from contracting COVID-19. However FFP and N95 masks should be reserved for medical personnel only, as they are in short supply.
eMoyo Mask instructions for use
ISO 13485 and the SA government recommendations require a medical device to be distributed with Instruction For Use (IFU). Our IFU was developed to the ISO standards in collaboration with medical doctors, engineers, regulatory and quality professional as well as members of the public and other medical personnel.
DO NOT IRON This is polyester, you might melt the fabric.
TUMBLE DRY ON COLD Heat will perish the soft stretch straps over time. When on heat, keep the heat below 80 degrees Celcius and tumble dry with other clothes.
DO NOT TOUCH YOUR MASK Avoid touching the mask while using it. If you do need to touch your mask, clean your hands first with alcohol-based hand rub or soap & water.
KEEP THE MASK AROUND YOUR NECK Do not leave the mask lying around. Pull it down around your neck when not in use.
WASH THE MASK YOURSELF Wash your mask by hand on a regular basis with soap and running hot water for 3 minutes immediately after you remove it. Do not give it to any other person to wash. It is your germs and your mask. Be Safe.
MICROWAVE? Yes, you can microwave the eMoyo mask to sterilise the mask, so long as you take certain safety precautions. The aluminium insert nose strip is thick and rounded without sharp corners that make it safe to use in a microwave. It is however recommended that you remove the plate before microwaving. Put the microwave on full power for 3 minutes to kill all the germs. Please do not microwave other masks that were not tested to be sterilised in a microwave oven by a certified medical device manufacturer.
How to insert the nose plate.
How to insert the eMoyo approved filter.
Design and development process
As a certified ISO 13485 medical device design and manufacturing company, eMoyo strictly follows the prescribed design processes as well as ISO 14971, the application of risk management to medical devices.
Our design process consists of three design stages and twelve design phases. This ensures that we develop a product from concept to industrialization in a manner that ensures a world-class product that meets strict international quality and safety standards, specific to medical devices and products. These processes include numerous tests to verify and validate the intended function of the product. Our process also validates the efficacy of the technology we develop across multiple technology platforms that are required to work in unison. These include biomedical, electronic, electro-mechanical, mechanical, software, industrial, user-interface and universal design. The eMoyo design and development team includes engineers in all these disciplines, a research audiologist as well as a medical doctor.
Our process includes preparation for in-house manufacturing and quality control procedures.
Bernard Smith, one of the top industrial design engineers in South Africa heads up the eMoyo design and development team. The eMoyo Mask was designed and developed in collaboration with Dr Dirk Koekemoer, a medical doctor and innovation entrepreneur who invented the KUDUwave™ mechatronic boothless audiometer that is utilized internationally.
Feedback from some of our customers
- “Frigging awesome” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Feels protective” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Happy” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Love it” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Your customer services matches the quality of the masks themselves. I love them and you service was excellent ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “good” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Good product.” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “I’m proud to wear it.” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “I unfortunately haven’t used it yet. I bought them for my coaches for my soccer club” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Very comfortable product.” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Love it” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “I think its awesome: decently made and comfortable.” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Very comfortable, funky and safe” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Very happy with masks supplied” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Very efficient mask” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “I love it! Excellent service as well! I definitely owe the rep a coffee!” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “They are really brilliant, easy to put on and take off, easy to wash.” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Love them, they are trendy and meet my needs and thank for your excellent service” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “They work great and are colourful” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “I feel like I am secure” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “We’re happy with them” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Very comfortable to where and does the job!!” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Very impressed with the speedy & professional service.” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “The Masks are great & very comfortable, wash easy & dry quick.” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Great product. Worth every cent.” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “looks good , quality of material good ,washes well” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “It is a very good quality and we are very satisfied.” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Thank you for the prompt service by Miriam Selepe. It was a pleasure dealing with her” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “It is a comfortable fit as it is adjustable. I also love the pouch where I can add a filter. It’s super cool looking too! Good job guys” ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Excellent product“ ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “They are amazing – and I am telling everyone about them!“ ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Better than what I expected.“ ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Very nice and comfy masks.“ ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “Excellent quality and excellent service“ ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
- “I enjoy it fit and quality“ ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤
Help spread the news
If you love what we are doing, please help to spread the word by sharing these images with your groups on WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram.
Debunking the myths around cloth masks. Please feel free to share.
“If you can blow a match out through a mask it is not a good mask.” Is that an indication of whether a mask is a good mask or not?
“A cloth mask does not catch droplets well enough.” How well does a cloth mask catch droplets?
The eMoyo mask with poly-cotton filter filters out 92% of 5μm droplets. This is significantly better than the 75% recommended by the South African Department of Trade and Industry.
Made in South Africa by a
passionate team to help
protect South Africans
eMoyo Mask Blog
Over the past year, people around the world have had to re-evaluate their lifestyles and the way they conduct themselves. Mask wearing has become one of the most significant aspects of preventing the spread of the virus, due to the fact that the virus’ main source of transmission is through droplets.
Dr Dirk here again, and I want to answer some important questions with regards to face masks and COVID-19 in general. How does a mask that allows for breathability catch germs? Why is natural airflow important? Why is the riskRead More
Finally, life is returning to a form of normality. Kids are returning to school and we can go to restaurants and other previously restricted activities. However with the uplifting of certain restrictions, and the resulting opening up of the economy,Read More