Hearing wellness solution
Prevention is better than cure
Wellness days offer general health screenings for preventative purposes.
Screening tests are of a significant importance in any population. BUT, screenings are as good as the equipment or tool used to assess individuals.
Hearing screenings check for any hearing-related disorders before the hearing difficulty is apparent to the patient.
The KUDUwave is the perfect tool for use in early identification and ultimately prevention of hearing disorders. Wellness screenings should not have to result in compromised quality! The KUDUwave solution ensures uncompromising accuracy and validity of wellness screenings. Ensuring accurate screening results and appropriate referrals.
Compliance to audiometric standards
YES, the Kuduwave™ complies with all required national and international standards as an audiometer.
- ANSI S3.6 | ISO 8253-1 | IEC 60645-1
Audiometer specifications for wellness solutions
With the KUDUwave, hearing screening services can be taken to the wellness centre avoiding and reducing lost working time.
- Language-specific conditioning
- Language should not be a barrier to healthcare screenings. The KUDUwave integrated various South African and international languages to ensure comprehension of test requirements by the patients.
- Hearing health questionnaires
- Contextualised hearing health and healthcare history questionnaires based on the practitioner’s requirements.
- Pure tone audiometry protocols: Automated and manual air-conduction testing (with extended high frequencies).
- Conduct quick baseline, follow-up, and general hearing screening
- Wellness Hearing Health specific reporting.
- Specialised hearing health audiogram reporting based on the protocol being followed (i.e. baseline test/ screening test). Hearing outcomes and audiogram comparisons (baseline vs follow-up) are automated.
Secure and encrypted data storage
The eMoyo Electronic Medical Record system comes as standard. To allow for efficient and effective wellness hearing health implementation and execution.
Folder management with the KUDUwave. With the KUDUwave software, you can create as many folders as you need. These folders make patient profile storage and retrieval efficient. The practitioner can organize their patients into area names or wellness-site served, and further by grouping them into sub-folders to indicate whether the patient came for baseline, follow-up, or general screening audiometry.
Secure data storage, backup and restore with the KUDUwave. Patient records are a sensitive business. The KUDUwave allows you to store patient data on the software, this data is safe and encrypted.
Thinking Out The Booth
The accuracy of the test results obtained at wellness sites depends heavily on the equipment used. When employing booth-less audiometry, it is important to ensure that the device can attenuate ambient noise sufficiently to ensure accurate diagnostic results.
Boothless testing with the KUDUwave. Using Ambi-Dome™. Unique to KUDUwave, Ambi-Dome is the combination of physical passive noise blocking and active noise monitoring technology that provides the core boothless testing ability of every KUDUwave Audiometer. The KUDUwave attenuates ambient noise similar to a single-wall sound booth.
Passive Attenuation is provided by the unique combination of dual circumaural ear cups and insert earphones, and offers the same level of attenuation as a standard audiometric booth.
Active Noise Monitoring is an additional assurance against intermittent peaks in noise. During a hearing test, ambient sound is monitored by integrated external microphones in real-time. This is simultaneously compared to the intensity and frequency of the tone being presented.
If noise will affect the tone presented it is marked and displayed on the live audiogram view. The clinician is then able to pause testing until the noise subsides or manually repeat the tone later in the test. Noise levels will also be indicated on the final report as a quality control measure.
In automatic test mode, affected tones can be set to repeat later in the test automatically to ensure that every tone is heard.