All-in-one audiology practice solution
A boothless portable computer-based audiometer provides a comprehensive solution for all diagnostic tools you will need in your audiology practice. Making the KUDUwave the ideal solution for any audiology practice.
The KUDUwave allows for the provision of comprehensive diagnostic audiological assessment, and the facilitation of programming and fine-tuning of hearing aids!
Comprehensive diagnostic audiology test battery
The KUDUwave solution ensures uncompromising accuracy and validity of hearing healthcare services. The comprehensive KUDUwave solution allows for increased diagnostic accuracy and timely treatment and management of hearing-related disorders. The test battery includes:
- Case history and medical questionnaire.
- Contextualised hearing health and history questionnaires based on the clinician requirements.
- Diagnostic pure tone audiometry: Automated and manual air- and bone conduction testing with masking capabilities.
- Uncomfortable Level and Most Comfortable Level
- Stenger-test enabled for assessing for malingering
- Counselling tools such as speech banana and degrees of hearing loss
- Speech audiometry. Pure tone and speech audiometry go hand in hand and are a vital combination in hearing health assessment and management.
- Semi-automated and manual speech recognition threshold, word recognition, Speech-In-Noise, and CAPD materials.
- Language-specific conditioning.
- Language should not be a barrier to healthcare. The KUDUwave can integrate various languages to ensure comprehension of test requirements by the patients.
- Immittance audiometry: Automated and manual tympanometry, and Ipsi- & Contralateral acoustic reflexes.
- Integrated video otoscopy is optional.
Compliance to audiometric standards
YES, the Kuduwave™ complies with all required national and international standards as a clinical audiometer.
- CE-certified | FDA approved | SABS compliant
- ANSI S3.6 | ANSI S3.39 | IEC 60645-1 | IEC 60645-5 | ISO 8253-1
- HIPAA Compliant cloud storage
- Calibrated in accordance with the ISO 389 series
The Kuduwave™ integrates with other audiological software to allow for efficient and effective comprehensive implementation of audiological services in your practice.
- Noah 4. A newly released Noah 4 module is now integrated with the KUDUwave.
- This will allow for seamless assessment and management of hearing difficulties disorders.
- Easily initiate testing with the KUDUwave within Noah and have results automatically transferred to the patient record in the Noah System.
- QuickSIN. The assessment of speech in noise provides important diagnostic information which the pure tone audiogram cannot reliably predict. The KUDUwave provides speech in noise testing through its integration with QuickSIN.
- Cloud storage. Free integration with cloud storages such as OneDrive and GoogleDrive. Synchronise, backup, share and manage data securely with HIPAA Compliant cloud-based storage systems you know and trust.
Secure and encrypted data storage
The eMoyo Electronic Medical Record system comes as standard. To allow for an efficient and effective run of your audiology practice.
Folder management with the KUDUwave. With the KUDUwave software, you can create as many folders as you need. These folders make patient profile storage and retrieval efficient. The clinician can organize their patients into area names or patient diagnoses, and further by grouping them into sub-folders such as their diagnosis, plan of action or age group. Data can also be grouped by data of consultation, or better yet, whether patients have been billed or not.
Secure data storage, backup and restore with the KUDUwave. Patient records are a sensitive business. The KUDUwave allows you to store patient data on the software, this data is safe and encrypted.
Thinking Out The Booth
The accuracy of the audiometric test results obtained depends heavily on the equipment used. If employing booth-less audiometry, it is important to ensure that the device can attenuate ambient noise sufficiently to ensure accurate diagnostic results.
Boothless testing with the KUDUwave. Using Ambi-Dome™. Unique to KUDUwave, Ambi-Dome is the combination of physical passive noise blocking and active noise monitoring technology that provides the core boothless testing ability of every KUDUwave Audiometer. The KUDUwave attenuates ambient noise similar to a single-wall sound booth.
Passive Attenuation is provided by the unique combination of dual circumaural ear cups and insert earphones, and offers the same level of attenuation as a standard audiometric booth.
Active Noise Monitoring is an additional assurance against intermittent peaks in noise. During a hearing test, ambient sound is monitored by integrated external microphones in real-time. This is simultaneously compared to the intensity and frequency of the tone being presented.
If noise will affect the tone presented it is marked and displayed on the live audiogram view. The clinician is then able to pause testing until the noise subsides or manually repeat the tone later in the test. Noise levels will also be indicated on the final report as a quality control measure.
In automatic test mode, affected tones can be set to repeat later in the test automatically to ensure that every tone is heard.
Audiology practice blogs
- Speech Testing With KUDUwave™
- Masking In Audiology, Everything You Might Not Know
- Masking in Audiology: Rules For Knowing exactly when to mask?
- 4 Reasons To Implement High Audiometry
- 6 Reasons Why Insert Earphones Should The Audiometry Standard
- The Critical Role of Tympanometry in Hearing Healthcare
- The Truth Behind Bone-conduction Vibrator Placement
- An otoscopic examination is essential: Don’t skip it.
- Can Tinnitus Affect Hearing Tests Results?