Unpacking and Setting Up Your KUDUwave
In This Section:
1. Unpack and setup your KUDUwave
2. Using Ear tips and KUDUwave Placement
Unpack and setup your KUDUwave
1. Unpack your KUDUwave
- Open the protective case and remove your KUDUwave, USB cables, Response button and Ear tips.
- If your KUDUwave came with a bone conductor, ensure it is properly connected to the headband.
- Place the large USB plugs into your laptop or tablet controller.
- Only eMoyo approved self powered USB hubs may be used,if you do not have enough USB ports on your computer.
- Place the small USB plugs into the KUDUwave small USB ports. Make sure they are aligned at a straight angle for easy and secure insertion.
- If your computer is on, your KUDUwave will now show the right audiometer with a Red light and the left audiometer with a Blue light.
- Plug the response button USB in the Left KUDUwave USB port
- A red light will flash on your response button when it is connected.
Using Ear tips and KUDUwave Placement
1. Ear Tip Preparation
- Choose the correct ear tip size.
- Align the black tube with the brass coupler and insert it into the tube.
- Pinch and roll it the ear tip to its smallest diameter before inserting into the ear.
- Pull the ear up and backwards and insert the ear tip into the ear canal.
- A slight twist or wiggle will guide the ear tip deeper into the ear canal.
- Make sure the ear tip expands and sits flush with the ear canal.
3. How to place the KUDUwave on the Patient
- Place the KUDUwave headset above the patients ears.
- Make sure the red light is on the right side and the blue light on the left side
- Pinch and roll the ear tip and insert as directed above.
- Pick up the ear cups and gently place on the patient’s ears.
- Twist the bone conductor cap until the bone conduction headband is loose enough to move.
- Hold both ends and gently turn the head band until the bone conductor is positioned in the center of the patients forehead.
- Tighten the cap to hold it in place.
Setting Up Your KUDUwave Software
Ready to Test your KUDUwave Knowledge?
Complete The KUDUwave Proficiency Assessment
You will receive a KUDUwave Proficiency Certificate at the end of this short assessment.