SRT and SD Tests
In This Section:
1. Speech Reception Threshold Testing
2. Speech Discrimination Testing
SRT Speech Reception Threshold Testing
- To conduct a SRT test, select the “Speech – KUDUwave test” option from the New Test Menu.
- Then select the list of words read in the specified language you wish to use.
- Select which ear you want to begin testing at the specified intensity level. Click “Next” again.
- The SRT page will open and automatically read the words to the patient once you select the play button on the control panel. Mark the correct and incorrect words sad with the given control panel on the side.
- Click the “Next” button to continue once testing of the left ear is complete. This will bring you to the same page as seen in Step 3. Click “Next” again.
- Select the Right ear option and specify the Intensity level testing should begin at. The same procedure must be done for the Right ear.
- Once complete click “Save”.
- Click the “Correct” button with the thumbs up if the patient recites the word correctly. In automatic mode, the next word will be read to the patient at 5 dBs softer.
- Use the “Incorrect” button with the thumbs down if the patient did not recite the word correctly or did not hear the word. If incorrect, the next word will be read at 5 dBs louder.
- Use the up and down keys to navigate through the word list.
- The “Play” button will read the word to the patient and the loudness of the word can be changed by clicking the “Softer” or “Louder” buttons.
- Click the “Next” button in the top right hand corner.
- Select the Right ear and the wanted intensity to begin testing of the right ear.
- Click “Next” again.
SD Speech Discrimination Testing
- To conduct a SD test, select the “Speech Discrimination – KUDUwave test” option from the New Test Menu.
- Select the preferred word list you wish to use.
- Select which ear and intensity threshold to begin testing with and click the “Next” arrow.
- The SD testing page will open and each word will be presented at the selected dB level. Mark each word correct or incorrect with the thumbs up and down buttons on the control panel.
- To change the dB level for the following words click on the “Next” arrow. Change the dB level and click the “Next” arrow again. Continue testing at the new dB level.
- Click the “Next” arrow again and select the right ear to continue testing the right ear.
- Click “Save”at the end of the test.
Ready to Test your KUDUwave Knowledge?
Complete The KUDUwave Proficiency Assessment
You will receive a KUDUwave Proficiency Certificate at the end of this short assessment.