Google drive is a preferred method used by eMoyo as a work solution to our cloud storage. It is user friendly and has good security measures to keep all data safe. To upload your database to the Google cloud read further below.
Google Drive is available for anyone with a google account. Most people already have Gmail as their choice of an email account, so this is a nice feature you should explore as a cloud storage solution.
“Store any file – Keep photos, stories, designs, drawings, recordings, videos, and more. Your first 15 GB of storage are free with a Google Account. Or upgrade to Google One for more space.“
“See your stuff anywhere – Your files in Drive can be reached from any smartphone, tablet, or computer. So wherever you go, your files follow.“
“Share files and folders – You can quickly invite others to view, download, and collaborate on all the files you want–no email attachment needed.”
“Google Drive includes dozens of critical security features specifically designed to keep your data safe, secure and in your control. Your data belongs to you, and our tools enable you to control it, including who you share it with and how you share it. Our data center network provides exceptional security and guarantees 99.9%* reliable access to your data, 24x7x365.25 (that’s right: no rest, even on leap years). *SLA guarantees 99.9% availability with zero scheduled down-time.“
Google also has two step verification security procedures to ensure your data won’t be accessed by the wrong person.
If you would like to use Google Drive to backup your KUDUwave database, here is how you can do it:
1. Log into your google account and open your Google Drive.
2. Use the navigation panel on the left hand side to create a new folder.
3. Find your KUDUwave patient database on your local drive.
4. Click on folder and drag it into the google drive folder you created.
5. Let it upload to the cloud and there you have it – You are now safe in the cloud.
6. Do this backup as often as you like, or find out more about Google Drive File Stream to setup a more automated system.